Once you have decided to go ahead with a Story House illustration, the process is very simple. It can all be done by email and over the internet.
The process works as follows,
- You contact me via the website contact form or email, to discuss what you are looking for (invitations/single prints etc), and any questions or special requests you may have. I am also happy to be contacted by phone, so if you would prefer to talk to me directly, just let me know.
- Based on this email exchange or telephone conversation, I will email you an invoice detailing the work you have requested, confirm the price, and a series of questions that will provide the basis for your design. For example, for a wedding invitation, I would include the following questions -
- How did you meet each other?
- Have there been any obstacles to your relationship? (Long distances? Language barriers?) If so, how have you overcome them?
- Has anything in particular been really helpful for your relationship? Give details (Support from family or friends, surprise holidays, miracles etc).
- Would you like your proposal story included in the invitation? If so, please give details.
- Are there any other funny stories, quirks, personality traits or characteristics you would like included in the invitation?
For an invitation, I will also need all the practical details you would normally have, including locations, dates, RSVP details, information regarding gifts, dietry requirements etc.
- Once I have received the reply to the questionnaire and confirmed the payment. I will begin work on your design. I may email you with further questions or to request photos of specific places or people if they will feature in the invitation.
- The Design – I will email you with a series of images of your design. This will be your chance to check all the details are clear and correct, and that all the elements are there. This is hopefully also where you become even more thrilled and excited about the whole thing!
- The Final Design – Based on any feedback or corrections you have given me regarding the design, I complete your design, edit it and tidy it all up ready for printing. I will provide you with edited JPEG files if you are organising printing yourself.